- Health Insurance – A State of Texas Resource for Finding Health Insurance Coverage
Need help with finding employees or accessing key job market information? Review these links.
Networking & Outreach
Want to expand your network or get involved with the community at large? View the listings of organizations serving the African American community through education and leadership.
Business Planning / Technical Assistance Resources
Need help in starting up a business, expanding an existing business or finding a place to market your products or services? Learn more here.
- PeopleFund is a non-profit 501(c)(3) based in Austin, Texas. Founded in 1994 as Austin Community Development Corporation, we provide loans, financial and technical assistance to people who are left out of the financial mainstream. Since inception, our loans and financial consulting have helped put thousands of Texans on the path to financial security and independence.
- BiGAUSTIN is a non-profit, micro-enterprise development organization. It was a city-funded organization, founded in 1992 as a means to break down barriers and foster small business growth. Over the past 17 years, BiGAUSTIN has expanded both in scope and reach. It obtains funding from a variety of sources, both public and private, enabling them to have a greater community impact. BiG provides entrepreneurs, particularly those of under-served communities, with comprehensive business education, tailored business counseling and flexible loans. Housed within BiGAUSTIN is the Women’s Business Center (WBC) of the Small Business Administration (SBA). The center, with the help of BiG, provides the tools necessary to help women entrepreneurs grow and succeed.
- Small Business Development Program provides counseling and assistance to small businesses. Our focus, as the name implies, is to develop and empower small businesses in order to strengthen their business capability and survivability.
- The Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program was created to promote full and equal procurement opportunities for small minority- and women-owned businesses. Companies interested in doing business with the state are encouraged to become HUB certified.
Resources for Non-Profit Organizations
- TANO, the Texas Association of Nonprofit Organizations, is the statewide membership association reflecting and promoting Texas’ growing nonprofit community in all its diversity. TANO helps nonprofits: Manage and lead more effectively; Collaborate and exchange solutions; Save money through group buying opportunities; Engage in critical policy issues affecting the sector; and Achieve greater impact in their communities.