Welcome to Austin
Austin, Texas—A Great Place to Live, Play, and Prosper
Austin is located in the heart of Central Texas. The US 16th largest city is not only the Capital for the State of Texas, but is home to several institutions of higher education and a bustling high-tech economy. Austin is an ideal place for any professional who is looking to further their business or career.
Austin has received rankings for:
- Number 3 Best Place for Business in the US (Forbes Magazine)
- 2nd in the Nation for the most Free Wireless Hotspots (JiWire Inc., 1/06)
- Number 2 Large Market for Families to Relocate (www.erc.org, 05/05)
- Austin Named One of Five Most Innovative Entrepreneurial Regions in the US (www.sba.gov/advo/research, 04/05)
- Number 4 city for Projected Job Growth in a city with over 1 million residents (Business 2.0 magazine citing data from research firm Global Insight Inc., 5/06)
Whether you’re looking for a new place to further your career or you’re just looking for a short get a way, Austin is the place. From shopping on South Congress to a day on Lake Travis, Austin can meet the needs of the most demanding professional.
Planning an Event?
Austin is the hot spot for meetings — from high-tech conventions to the most exclusive executive retreat. We’ve got the facilities, infrastructure and easy access that busy professionals need. Plus, we’ve got the fun activities and ineffable vibe that makes Austin, well, Austin.
Click here to visit the Austin Convention and Tourism Bureau