This exclusive group of business professionals serves as advocates for the Chamber and the business community. Ambassadors enjoy the rewards of making new contacts, strengthening relationships and accessing a wealth of information and resources.
Ambassadors meet once per month at the Chamber unless otherwise noted.
As Chamber Ambassadors, we represent an informed and active group of business leaders who serve as liaisons between CCAACC and our community. Our goal is to increase and retain members by active participation in our business community and chamber functions, programs and committees. We will maintain communication between our Board of Directors and our fellow Ambassadors and encourage attendance to all Chamber functions. We will continue to act as mentors to our new members to help our Chamber grow. We accept the commitment of positive leadership in our Chamber and will work as a team of goodwill Ambassadors to our community.
Chamber Ambassadors are an informed group of motivated, enthusiastic and articulate businessmen and women who serve as the backbone of the Chamber’s membership retention program. They represent the Chamber at many civic and social functions. Ambassadors must meet the following criteria:
- Chamber member in good standing
- Personable, positive attitude
- Excellent business reputation in community
- Knowledgeable of Chamber programs
- Visibility at Chamber functions and on the Chamber website
- Eligibility for “Ambassadors of the Year” presented at the Chamber Annual Business Awards Luncheon
- Develop leadership image by enhancing relevant professional programs and networking opportunities
- Networking with a variety of business professionals
- Firsthand updates from the President of the Chamber and direct contact with decision-makers
Goals & Objectives
- Provide ongoing membership contact to help promote retention and encourage member involvement
- Welcome and assist all Chamber members at meetings and / or events
- Visit new businesses and inform them of the benefits of becoming a Chamber member
- Promote Chamber membership peer to peer and complete application process
Responsibilities / Expectations / Activities
- Monthly contact with an assigned number of long-term, new and “at risk” Chamber members
- Track and report contacts to Chamber staff each month
- Promote participation and attendance at various Chamber events to assigned accounts
- Attend Chamber meetings and events
- Attend Monthly Ambassador Meeting (only 3 unexcused absences allowed)
- Attend Chamber ribbon cuttings
- Attend Chamber news conferences
- Attend Chamber special events
- Nominate new members with application
- Distribute new member plaque, decal and directory to new members
- Assist the Chamber in various community image campaigns
- Assist with membership drives – both new and retention
Each Ambassador is asked to serve on a Chamber committee; nominees for Ambassadors are recommend to the Board of Directors by Ambassadors.
If you are interested in becoming an Ambassador or learning more about the program, contact the President of the Ambassadors at firstname.lastname@example.org.